Sunday, September 11, 2016

Chicken vegetable soup

Today's hearty soup was one made in the spare of the moment. We needed lunch and I knew if I made this there would be enough for another lunch serving or two!

Easy with little effort and you can create a bowl of yumminess.

If you have one boneless chicken breast you can cook it in the broth and shred it before you serve the soup. Boneless chicken cooks quickly in broth or water.  In about one hour after prep. It will be ready to enjoy.

Soup's on!!!!

Note:

Frozen veggies can be used if you don't feel like using fresh.  I used my handy chopper and chop my veggies in advance and freeze them . Like this!



I boneless chicken breast(use more if you like lots of chicken)
1-32 oz or more chicken broth
1cup chopped carrots 
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup diced tomatoes( I didn't use juice but you can do do if you desire)
1medium diced potato 
1can rinsed and drained northern beans
1cup frozen peas
1cup small noodles (acne de Pepe) or orzo, tiny shells etc. but they should be small.
Grated cheese for garnish (optional)







No comments: