Saturday, June 25, 2016

Easy Chocolate/Raspberry Cream Cake!

So you want EASY? 

 I'm all for easy and I think you may be too! My good friend Karen had a special Birthday this week and I invited a few gal pals for cake and coffee.  This was so easy to make and everyone thought I spend hours preparing it. NOT!  If you recall I had made a Banana Split cake a while back and it was so appreciated when I posted the blog so today I used the same concept and made another easy cake and impressive as well.  In my other cake I  used a box mix and made two layers..I used one for the Banana Split cake and I froze the other for later use..Today was the day for the other layer to make this scrumptious dessert.
Note:  You can make this cake in a square or rectangular pan and top with the below ingredients as well.  It will serve more people.

 
 Happy Baking from my kitchen
 to yours,
M.J.



10/30/15

1 layer chocolate cake (you can use a white or yellow cake if desired)Bake according to directions.
1 small package vanilla instant pudding
1 1/4 cups cold milk
3oz softened cream cheese
1 reg. size container cool whip(you can use fresh whipping cream if desired)
1 dark chocolate or milk chocolate candy bar(grated)
1 pt. fresh raspberries( rinse under cool water well)
Fresh Blueberries (optional)

In a large bowl whisk instant pudding and milk..After it starts to thicken add softened cream cheese and 1/2 container Cool Whip topping. Whisk until blended. Set aside

In a large serving dish or platter lay chocolate layer..Top with pudding mixture..Top pudding with cool whip and fresh raspberries..Grate chocolate candy bar over top..Dab a bit more cool whip in center and add a few raspberries..Garnish with chocolate pieces ..  Serves 6 generous portions. Enjoy!   You'll impress your guests with this one !




9/2/12
6/6/13




4 comments:

Crunchy Creamy Sweet said...

I saw the photo of this gorgeous dessert and was in disbelieve that it's an easy one! Looks delicious!

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

I will "share" your link to my Recipe Exchange, where one of the mottos is Easy peasy as 1-2-3. I am sure some of the Young Mothers strapped for time would love this cake ! Thanks for sharing.

M. J. Vitelli said...

Thank you so much for sharing the recipe! I so appreciate it!

Moore Or Less Cooking Blog said...

Hi MJ, I have shared this on my facebook, making it for the next birthday! Nettie