Thursday, June 9, 2016

Cubed Steak, red onion, red and yellow pepper for dinner!


When you want quick, tasty and easy and are in the mood for beef , cube steak is a great answer.

According to Wikipedia


Cube steak is a cut of beef, usually top round or top sirloin, tenderized by fierce pounding with a meat tenderizer, or use of an electric tenderizer. The name refers to the shape of the indentations left by that process (called "cubing").[1] This is the most common cut of meat used for chicken fried steak.





Cube steak(round steak) that has been tenderized so it not only is tender it also cooks quickly and tastes delicious.  It looks different when you see it packaged because of it being pounded by a metal mallet which make indentations or marks on it.  They are usually packaged several in a package in your meat section of the grocery store.  If you don't see them ask.




Today I decided to cut my cube steak in strips and make a simple but delicious combo of steak, red onions and red and yellow peppers to have with some Risotto I was making.

While the risotto was simmering. In a large skillet with some olive oil over medium heat I added my onions and peppers and started to cook them slowly.  Once I saw they had cooked some I added my strips of cube steak and allowed to cook on medium until there wasn't any red color in the steak.  Added salt and pepper while it cooked and served it along side the risotto.  Yum!
11/3/14


No comments: