1. For a really fast chopped egg, run an egg slicer through a peeled egg. Then carefully reposition it giving it a quarter turn and run the egg slicer through it again. Voila, chopped egg for your sandwich.
3. Remove pasta from water right before it's al dente, as it will continue to cook once drained.
4. It's counter intuitive but the sharpest knife is the safest knife.
5. Swap out fries for a garden salad or fruit to your sandwich or hamburger.
6. Get an appetizer and a salad for less calories when you are ordering out.
7. Split an entree with your hubby or friend and SKIP THE all you can eat salad or food bar.
8. Dessert......share, share, share. I've found that when we go out to dinner whether we are two or 8 we share dessert. Extra forks, please.
9. You can freeze cupcakes unfrosted for up to a month. Frosting can be made the day before and stored at room temperature.
10. How to store asparagus: Remove bands wrapped around bunches. they can trap moisture and accelerate spoilage. Bundle the stalks and put in a plastic bag(don't close airtight). Stalks will keep for up to two days.
Another Handy kitchen gadget or two!
|I have several whisks depending on how much or little I need to blend. Silicone whisks are great for non stick cookware.|