Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip


Last minute invite to a social so I quickly put this creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip together. Fortunately I had all the ingredients at my fingertips.  It pays to stock up on cream cheese and sharp cheddar cheese and I managed to have some frozen spinach and a can of artichokes so I was good to go.  I shop a lot a Aldi's and I usually pick up extra's when I'm there. Their prices are really reasonable so it's worth picking up a few when I'm there.  Enjoy!









Step 1
3 T Butter
2 cloves minced garlic
1 box 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach drained
pinch salt and pepper
1 can artichoke hearts drained and rinsed

Step 2
4 T butter
4 T flour
1 3/4 cups whole milk
1 8 oz. package cream cheese softened
3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded (white)(reserve 3 T for top)
Note:  if you like spicy you can use pepperjack cheese instead of the sharp cheddar or use half and half of the both cheeses.


Directions:
In a medium size pot place butter.  When butter has melted add minced garlic and simmer a few minutes. Add drained spinach and drained and rinsed artichoke hearts.  Break up hearts while simmering and after cooking for a few minutes(5) set aside.

In another pot place 4 T butter.  Melt slowly and add flour while whisking to blend.  Add milk and simmer until milk starts to thicken a little.  Add cream cheese and whisk until blended then add shredded white cheddar cheese.  Fold in Chopped Spinach/Artichoke mixture and toss to incorporate together.  Top with a little cheddar cheese.

Place in a baking dish (13 x9) or round circle will work, coated with butter and bake approximately 15 minutes at 375 degrees  until bubbly.  Serve with nacho's.  I used light scoops...cause I love to scoop.  Enjoy!













No comments: