Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Strawberry/ Blueberry Cobbler like Mom would make!

Recipe From the archives. This post has been viewed almost 5,000 times  Enjoy!


Today I am making the cobbler with Blueberries . Yum







This berry cobbler has been one of the if not the most viewed post on my blog.  Thank you!



  You can do this with any berries that you may like.  I have lots of frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries so I am going to follow this recipe below and use all that I have to make something light(just might hit the spot and add some vanilla ice cream to warmed cobbler if you desire).

  I am going to thaw my berries before I mix them.  I have seen frozen peaches, blueberries and strawberries etc. in the frozen food section of the grocery store so if you can't find fresh  use thawed frozen berries...Yum 

Follow the below instructions.  

****To Date the most popular blog post!!!

Patriotic to the RED, WHITE and BLUE!

While browsing through my People Magazine I came across a recipe similar to Mom's and decided to give it a try.  Mom's recipes are in a huge wooden recipe holder and she gives me recipes in dribs and drabs (that's how she would refer to items of personal interest) to find hers.  Today I opted to make a Cobbler instead of strawberry shortcake. She would make fresh Baking Powder Biscuits and crush fresh strawberries to put on top.  Of course Real Whipped Cream in a huge scoop on top.. Super easy recipe and I used fresh strawberries and blueberries. A nice dessert either served warm or room temperature.

Slightly spray bottom of a 9 x13” baking dish.  Place sugared blueberries in dish.  Add cobbler to top.  (Large heaping tablespoons ).



Before



After


Strawberry/Blueberry Cobbler   (Sue Zemanick’s)

2 pints strawberries hulled and quartered
1 pint blueberries
1 cup sugar divided
1 tablespoon cornstarch
¾ cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 egg
¼ cup milk
½ tsp. vanilla extract
6 tablespoons butter, melted

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

In a bowl, combine all berries, 1/3 cup  plus 2 tsp. sugar and 1 T cornstarch. ****(Don’t forget the cornstarch)Let sit for 10 minutes.

In another bowl, mix flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder and salt.  In a 3rd bowl, stir egg, milk, vanilla and butter.  Add dry ingredients.  Stir well.

Place six, 6 oz. ramekins on a baking sheet.  Divide fruit evenly and top each with a few spoonfuls of batter.  Bake 25 to 30 minutes until tops are golden brown.  Cool 5 minutes and serve.













All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook2013, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.










7/2/12 
6/25/13 
7/13/13 
12/19/13

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you substitute all blueberries instead of strawberries? I have a strawberry allergy.

Anonymous said...

Can all blueberries be substitued for strawberries? I have an allergy.

mary said...

I saw this in people and have made several times since then. This is delicious!!! new house favorite.

Anonymous said...

I have made this 3 times since seeing in People. DELICIOUS!!! A new household favorite and very impressive in individual ramekins.