Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Chocolate- Peanut Butter Pudding


Best Chocolate/Peanut Butter Pudding and it was so easy to make. Fabulous!!!



I came across this recipe several months ago and it has been in the back on my mind to make it.  I did know that once I prepared it I was going to eat some and that it wouldn't even be cooled before I had to eat a dish.

   One of the reasons I wanted to try this recipe was that we love chocolate pie and I felt that the last time I made a chocolate pie the pudding was too rich. Everyone likes a huge slice if they are chocolate lovers but in my opinion I could only eat a small piece.  So going from there this recipe looked more of what I was trying to accomplish.  Chocolatey, hint of peanut butter, smooth, creamy a pudding that was just what I was searching for.

  I'm thinking a chocolate pie would be a great suggestion to use this recipe.

Enjoy! 

From my kitchen to yours,



M.J.









Super easy, try some sliced bananas on top after cooling if you like :).

1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 T cornstarch
2 T Dutch processed cocoa(I used Nestle but Hershey cocoa is good too)
1 and 1/2 cups 1 % milk
1/2 cup light cream(I used half and half)
2 ounces milk chocolate finely chopped(2 oz. milk choc. grated candy bar) 
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 T chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts

Combine sugar, cornstarch, and cocoa in medium sauce pan; stir with whisk.  Whisk in milk and cream.  Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.  Cook 1 minute or until thick and bubbly.  Remove from heat.  Add chocolate and peanut butter, stirring until smooth.  Spoon about 1/3 cup pudding into 6 bowls top with 1/2 tsp. peanuts.  Cool in frige.

5/12/13

No comments: