Saturday, September 12, 2015

Easy Key Lime Pie

I used limes instead of Key limes but the recipe is the same.




 I have always loved Key Lime Pie and when we go to Florida there is always Key Lime on the dessert menu.  That last time we were there we went to our favorite restaurant and as usual after dinner I had their homemade Key Lime Pie. I was never tempted to copy theirs but today I decided I would.  Easy, peezy!!

This pie can be eaten frozen (set out for a few minutes and then slice) or make it and place it in the refrigerator until you are serving it. The later is fine but my favorite way is to freeze it.  Yummy!  Quick, easy and only 4 ingredients to make a fabulous dessert. Top with whipped cream for the extra yum and garnish with a lime slice.

OOPS Butter should not be in photo!






Happy Baking!


M.J.






 1   Baked Pie Shell (I used graham cracker shell recipe)but store bought will do fine.
 3/4 cup Lime Juice
1 lg. carton Cool Whip
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Cool Pie shell.  Mix Lime juice and condensed milk.  Add Cool Whip.  Pour into shell and chill or freeze.  If frozen leave out on counter for 5 to 10 minutes to allow to thaw slightly.  Enjoy!


5/16/13 original post
7/7/13

All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook2013, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.

2 comments:

Seagull Realtor said...

I"ll make this for my daughter . She likes key lime and this looks easy enough

M. J. Vitelli said...

It is super easy and when I was in Fla. I had several slices and the ones that were frozen appealed to me the most. I played around and this was what I came up with. Thanks for commenting and I know she'll enjoy this pie...Have a great day!:0