Monday, October 29, 2018

Crockpot Root Beer Pork Barbecue




This is the recipe I use for pork BBQ in my crockpot.

I've eaten something similar to this dish at one of the family restaurants and felt it was high time I tried duplicating it. Hubby and grandson loved it!  I'm sure your family will too.  Try this pulled pork knife and fork open faced sandwich.  A sure hit in our house.  Enjoy!

7/9/15


The makings:
Slice bread
store bought refrigerated mashed potatoes heated according to directions
shredded pork BBQ( recipe below)
BBQ sauce to top all.

Note:  I shredded my pork in the food processor.  Mine was too fine. Suggest you use the method I usually do by shredding with two forks. 



  • 2 lb pork loin roast
  • 12 oz can of root beer (your favorite)
  • 18 oz bottle barbecue sauce (your favorite)( I use Sweet Baby Ray's)
  • 8 hamburger buns
  • coleslaw(optional)
Instructions
  1. Place pork in slow cooker.
  2. Pour root beer over the pork.
  3. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours or until it shreds easily with two forks.
  4. Remove pork and shred it using two forks.
  5. Drain liquid from slow cooker.
  6. Return shredded pork to slow cooker and stir in barbecue sauce.
  7. Continue heating on low for an additional 30 minutes.
  8. Serve on hamburger buns with coleslaw if desired or you may want to try it my way! Yummy!
My way!  Slice of white toast, mashed potatoes (Bob Evans) barbecue shredded pork. Hot or sweet sauce to garnish !  Yummy!

No comments: