This is the recipe I use for pork BBQ in my crockpot.
I've eaten something similar to this dish at one of the family restaurants and felt it was high time I tried duplicating it. Hubby and grandson loved it! I'm sure your family will too. Try this pulled pork knife and fork open faced sandwich. A sure hit in our house. Enjoy!
store bought refrigerated mashed potatoes heated according to directions
shredded pork BBQ( recipe below)
BBQ sauce to top all.
Note: I shredded my pork in the food processor. Mine was too fine. Suggest you use the method I usually do by shredding with two forks.
- 2 lb pork loin roast
- 12 oz can of root beer (your favorite)
- 18 oz bottle barbecue sauce (your favorite)( I use Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 8 hamburger buns
- Place pork in slow cooker.
- Pour root beer over the pork.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours or until it shreds easily with two forks.
- Remove pork and shred it using two forks.
- Drain liquid from slow cooker.
- Return shredded pork to slow cooker and stir in barbecue sauce.
- Continue heating on low for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve on hamburger buns with coleslaw if desired it you may want to try it my way! Yummy!