Saturday, June 6, 2015

Creamy Banana Cream cheesecake

 I have not been feeling well but figured I'd give myself a nudge and make this cheesecake because it has been on my to bake list for sometime.  I remembered the Cheesecake Factory Banana Cream Cheesecake and had hoped this would be similar.  Unfortunately it didn't come as high as I had hoped it would but it sure is creamy and with the taste of banana in it I think it would be a nice dessert choice and I made some whipped cream to top it.  Enjoy!





Here's the copycat recipe I adapted to our liking.

The crust:
Approximately 45 vanilla wafers crushed(I used my food processor)
1/4 cup softened or melted butter

Mix together with fork and Press mixture into the bottom of a 10 inch springform pan.  Place in refrigerator until you make the filling.

For the Filling:

24 oz. softened cream cheese
2/3 cup sugar
2 T cornstarch
3 eggs
3/4 cup mashed ripe banana
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract






Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy.  Add sugar and cornstarch followed by eggs one at a time. 
Beat in bananas, whipping cream and vanilla

Note: The batter is thin.

Pour mixture into crust.

Place pan on a cookie sheet(I placed parchment paper on the cookie sheet to catch any drippings).

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.  Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees and bake an additional 75 minutes or until center is almost set.

Allow to cool completely before removing rim of pan.  Before removing the pan run warm water over a knife and slide  the knife around the edges to separate the cake from the pan.

Refrigerate cheesecake, uncovered at least 6 hours.

Rich and creamy and serves plenty depending of size of slice.  I added a chocolate candy and a drizzle for a garnish but it isn't necessary.




Whipped Cream topping:

1 pint heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup confectionary sugar

Beat until peaks form and either serve alongside the cheesecake or top the cheesecake with the whipped cream.

 Note:  I allowed my cheesecake to cool completely and then placed it in the refrigerator overnight.  I covered it with a piece of waxed paper and cut it as directed above the next day. 

I am sure you can do a lot for a pretty presentation of this cheesecake adding a few slices of bananas on top but unfortunately I was not feeling well when I made this cake so it was a bit of an effort to be creative. 






No comments: