Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Artichoke Lemon Pesto and pasta

This is a recipe that I don't have exact measurements for.  It was a last minute what can I make today thought.  I had a regular size can of artichoke hearts and my hubby really likes artichokes so I proceeded to make some artichoke pesto to toss with some pasta I had bought recently.





I placed my drained artichoke hearts in my food processor, added about 1/2 to 3/4 cup oil and garlic.  Pulsed several minutes until artichoke hearts were in small pieces.  If necessary add a little more oil.  I then added parsley, salt and pepper and lemon juice and pulsed a bit more.  Using a large spoon I added the cheese to the mixture. 

Note:  Or you can use the short cut  recipe that I did today for dinner.  I purchased a 10 oz. jar of Lemon Artichoke pesto (T.j. Maxx) and added 1 can chicken broth to it. Pour mixture over boneless chicken breasts in a crockpot set on low and cook approximately 4 to 6 hours.  Serve over pasta.



Made from Scratch recipe:
Ingredients: I can artichoke hearts drained
1/2 to 3/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp. dried parsley
2 cloves garlic
salt to taste
pepper
lemon juice( I used the juice of one lemon) approx. 1 to 2 T.  Note: You can add more depending on your taste.  I like a hint of lemon.
1/4 cup Asiago  or Romano cheese

In a food processor place drained artichoke hearts, canola oil, parsley,garlic.  Pulse until chopped in small pieces.  Add lemon juice, pulse again.  Add salt, pepper and cheese and pulse once more.

Toss with your favorite pasta



 





No comments: