Monday, December 22, 2014

Peanut Butter Cup cookie muffins

A decided to try a new Christmas cookie recipe this year that involves peanut butter cups and I made them especially for our youngest grandson.  He loves peanut butter cups so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it.  Won't he be surprised!!

I cut the peanut butter cups in half because I thought even though these were supposed to be mini peanut butter cups they seemed large. It worked out well by doing so.

I taste tested them and they are delicious and easy to eat without making a mess. I think the kiddo's will like them Mom!

Enjoy!





1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
2 T whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 chopped unsalted peanuts
1 bag12 oz. miniature peanut butter cup candies, unwrapped

Heat oven to 350.  Grease or as I did place mini muffin liners in a mini muffin tray.  If not using liners grease with cooking spray.

In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.  In medium bowl, beat sugar, peanut butter, butter on medium speed 2 minutes.  Beat in egg, whipping cream and vanilla. On low speed beat in flour until blended.  Stir in peanuts.

Shape dough into mini cookie balls.  Place each ball into each muffin cup.

Bake 12 minutes.  Remove from oven, immediately place 1 mini or 1/2 piece of  mini peanut butter cup into center of each cookie.  Bake 2 minutes longer.  Cool in pan or cooking rack.



No comments: