Friday, September 26, 2014

Easy Chicken Salad: Sweet and healthy too!

 It has been super hot the last few days and I've been putting effort into posting some easy salads for easy meals.

 This summer salad may be a good choice for one of our hot summer days.  Served with crackers or on a croissant or even used as an appetizer this is a very easy and at the same time refreshing summer salad.

I have some canned chicken in my pantry.   I honestly don't use canned anything much but I had wanted to try this recipe with some pineapple tidbits, cranberries and a few other add -in's. 

I'm making this easy chicken salad I found on the label of a can of chunk chicken.. Hubby loved it! I toasted a sub roll for some extra crunch .  Enjoy!

Note:  Next time I make this I'm thinking of using Greek yogurt instead of mayo.  A new twist!  I love Greek yogurt.  I'd use plain or honey if I were doing it.  Just sayin!

  Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours!


 



The recipe did call for some chopped apples but I didn't have any but you may want to add one.




1 can Chunk chicken breast drained and rinsed or Rotisserie chicken cut into pieces
1/2 cup celery  diced
1 medium apple chopped
1 cup pineapple chunks drained
2 tablespoons raisins or cranberries
2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
5 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. curry powder (I used ginger because I didn't have curry)

Drain chicken if using canned chicken (I rinse it too).   I am just fussy about canned chicken and tuna and must rinse.

   Combine chicken, celery, apple, pineapple, raisins or cranberries  and 1 tsp. sesame seeds in a large bowl. Mix mayonnaise and ginger or curry powder.  Spoon mayonnaise through chicken mixture. Toss to coat.  Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds.

Serve with crackers for an appetizer or

Serve on  a warm croissant, soft  or toasted roll




6/1/12
3/15/13
7/18/13

No comments: