Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Lemon Cheesecake Bars

 My family loves cheesecake but with a macaroon crust?  I never heard of anything so wonderful so I'm making it over the coming weekend.  I think it sounds marvelous and it appears so easy and using a 8x8 inch pan makes it even better. Plus it has a macaroon crust.  How can you not like it?  Yum

 If you don't know what to make for a dessert this holiday try this easy lemon cheesecake. I think you'll find it to be easy and that will take some stress off the holiday crunch of "what will I make for dessert"?

Note:  I crushed one macaroon and sprinkled it on top.  I don't think I should have. :(.  We'll see how much crunch it has.  






1 1/2 cups soft coconut macaroon cookie crumbs
2 T margarine, melted
2 pkgs. cream cheese softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
1 T. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 cookie to crumble to sprinkle on top if desired.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix crumbs and margarine. Press firmly onto bottom of greased 8 inch square baking pan.

Beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer until well blended.  Add eggs one at a time beating until well blended after each addition.  Pour over crust.

Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until center is almost set.  Cool.  Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.  Cut into 16 bars.  Store in refrigerator.


I like to serve a little lemon something with our holiday meals.  Lemon is light and not as filling as say Chocolate but if you like chocolate here's a great chocolate cake to add to your dessert menu and it has cherry pie filling in it.  Moist and not too rich.   A nice touch for dessert...Enjoy!  The link is posted below.






Drizzle icing over cake while warm

Here's the link to this cake...Chocolate Cherry Cake

Chocolate Cherry Cake 




No comments: