Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A great anytime salad! Greek Steak Salad

The photo isn't as clear as I would have liked it to be but this was one of my earlier experiences with photographing my food and it really doesn't show the beauty of the salad.


As I was looking through  the recipes I have kept over the years I came across this salad that caught my interest..It was from 2003 and I thought it might be nice to serve tonight:

1 beef round steak about 3/4 lb.(I used 2 small Fillets)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (double amount if you enjoy heavy dressing)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil(double amount if you enjoy heavy dressing)
Pinch oregano ( just a pinch)
1 head Romaine lettuce( broken in small pieces) wash thoroughly
1/2 seedless cucumber(unpeeled and cut thinly)
1 pt. grape tomatoes
1 cup crumbled feta cheese

Heat grill or heat frying pan if doing it on top of the stove with a small amt. of olive oil. Place steak on grill, rub a little oo on it before placing it on grill.

Sprinkle with salt and pepper..Cook until desired center is to your liking.  Cut in thin slices.

Meanwhile in a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil,1/4 tsp. salt and pepper.  Add Romaine, cucumber, tomatoes and feta. Toss to coat. Add steak and serve salad with a warmed pita on the side. A 30 minute or less meal! Tasty and Light!

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,
 
M.J.


Delicious!! and the warmed Pita was a very nice touch!!


6/3/12

.


No comments: