Saturday, February 15, 2014

My special Italian Marinated Roast Beef!

Re-post for those who are new foodie friends.


 Whether you are Italian or not this Marinated Beef is a family favorite especially served on a crusty Italian Roll..

Today I thought I'd give some beef(round roast) that I bought yesterday a little different twist to the basic seasonings I usually use and make some sandwiches with it. This is a first try.  I wanted to create something a little different but easy to make and serve.  Enjoy!









Marinating the sliced beef with balsamic vinegar and oil for 1/2 hour or more

Ingredients:

1 3/4 lb. beef round roast trimmed
2 to 3 T Italian seasoning
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 T olive oil
2 cloves garlic (cut in half)
Balsamic vinegar
olive oil

Place Italian seasoning, salt, pepper on wax paper, mix. Place roast on top, make a slit down center of roast and place several pieces of garlic in the slit (approx. 1/4 in deep) roll roast in mixture to coat roast all over.  Place on clear plastic wrap and top with 2 T olive oil. Wrap well , place in storage bag and refrigerate overnight.
  
Note:  You do not need to refrigerate overnight.  Allowing it to rest overnight I feel helps the seasoning to set into the roast for a little more flavor.  If you don't have the time it will be fine to allow it to set it will be fine.

In a medium size baking dish place 2 T olive or canola oil.  Place roast in pan and bake covered 350 degrees approximately 1 hour.  Take cover off and bake an additional 1/2 hour.  Note:  you may have to add a little water (approx. 1/2 cup).  Cool slightly.  Slice thin (I use electric knife) and place in pan.

Marinate:

**1/4 to 1/2  cup Balsamic vinegar
**1/8 cup olive oil
pinch salt
pinch pepper
pinch onion powder
pinch garlic powder
*pinch sugar optional
Whisk together
Note:  **Double the amount if you like to dip your sandwich!  Yum!

After roast is sliced drizzle marinate over slices. Refrigerate until ready to serve.  Serve on crusty rolls.  Add thinly sliced red onion and lettuce.  What a sandwich!!!!!!

10/13/12
7/5/13 original post


2 comments:

Denise@BeBetsy said...

Saw your comment on DailyBuzz (formerly Food Buzz). I had not been to the site for a while and could not locate the log in. Confusing! I went back to my email from them and you have to go to a special link to get started on the new site. Send me an email and I will forward you what they sent us.

Denise@Bebetsy.com

Denise Wilcox

M. J. Vitelli said...

Thanks Denise, I am looking forward to hearing from you. I guess for some reason I didn't see that note from them.