Saturday, December 21, 2013

Making some Blonde Brownies

While visiting my Mom last week she nonchalantly slipped me this cut out section of her newspaper's American Profile section.  I asked her what was so important for me to see and quickly she responded "I know you are always baking and cooking and I thought maybe you'd whip me up some of these".  Too funny!!! She does love sweets so today that is just what I'm doing making some Blonde Brownies.  Hope you enjoy the recipe and I am sure Mom will enjoy the Brownies.. Happy Baking! (I'll be wrapping some and freezing them for her).  The remainder will be devoured by our grandchildren.  Enjoy!!






Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours,




Blonde Brownies Recipe found in 4/12 American Profile

2/3 cup butter, melted
2 cups light brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts, chopped


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray 9 x13 inch pan with cooking spray
Cream butter and sugar.  Let cool a few minutes.  Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well
Combine flour, baking powder and salt.  Stir in egg mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.  Batter will be stiff.

Pour batter into pan.  If desired, sprinkle more nuts and choc. chips on top.Note:  I did half with chopped walnuts..Grandchildren fussy!

Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center has moist crumbs  Let cool and cut into squares.



4/21/13
12/21/13

1 comment:

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

oh boy... looking at these... I had bad timing they are fabulous! nice job MJ!