Friday, October 25, 2013

Individual Apple Pie Tarts


Hi Everyone:  My hubby loves apple anything and today "we" made apple pie tarts.  I wasn't "feelin" the apple peeling so he offered to peel them for us. Yay!!!!!!




I had everything at my finger tips to make either a pie or a tart so I opted to use large muffin cups and was able to make 6 individual tarts.  Of course I think peeling apples is one of my least favorite chores when I am baking so I was so appreciative of his help.  He often cleans up for me too!  Jokingly he calls me "chef", since chefs have a clean up crew. lol

Helpful Hint:  Buy a refrigerated pie crust to keep on hand for quick pies and for quick pot pies too!

 This is a pretty basic and easy to do individual pie dessert. The ingredients are below and other than peeling the apples I think an easy to do dessert delight.  

Here's the basic recipe:

1 pkg. Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)

4 to 6 medium to large apples peeled ,sliced or diced.  (Mix em up or use Granny Smith, Gala or any sweet/tart apple of choice)
1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar (depending on your sweet tooth)
1 tsp. cinnamon
4 T. minute tapicoa

Preheat oven to 425.  Roll out pie crust. Using a extra large in width cup (I used 4" custard size cup) cut out  6 circles. Roll to increase size and place one inside cut making sure to press up the sides.  Fill cups with apple mixture and top with another 6 cut out circles.  Seal edges a best you can and poke a few fork marks on top of crust.  Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar if desired. Bake approximately 20 to 30 minutes or when browned completely.  

As you can see my hubby helped peel the apples which was to my delight!

 

I used a 4" custard size cup for marking.
They were made in a rush so they are not the prettiest but they were yummy!

Warm and with some vanilla ice cream!





No comments: