Thursday, August 8, 2013

Shortcut Lemon/Strawberry Tart! The right dessert to compliment your meal. :).


I was glancing thru my yearly calendar (my present one has recipes on the back of each month). Yippee!!   I think it's pretty neat and the dessert I am making today I am proud to say looks very similar to the one that was pictured.  I made a few changes to make it a quick and easy recipe. Your gonna love this easy recipe!  Enjoy!  Lemon lovers rejoice!!!!<3  We love lemon desserts for sure.







Here's my version:

1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup butter or margarine melted
3 T sugar
1- 21oz. can Comstock Lemon Creme Pie Filling**
1 pkg. fresh strawberries sliced





Soften butter in microwave for about 15 seconds.  Remove from microwave and add sugar and graham cracker crumbs.  Mix with fork until blended.  Pour crumbled mixture into a tart pan, pie pan or as I did this time a springform pan.  Press on bottom and depending on pan you can press up on the sides.

**  I did not with the springform pan. Place in refrigerator until set about 15 minutes or bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees and cool. Refrigerated method is super easy...**Feel free to use store bought filling.

I made my crust , topped with Lemon Creme Pie filling and refrigerated overnight.  Topped with strawberries the next day (today) and served with a dollup of whipped cream.

P.S. You can easily use a pre packaged graham cracker or regular crust to save time.


No comments: