Thursday, May 13, 2021

Grilled chicken with cucumber/melon relish and peanut sauce

Since I have over indulged for the last few days today I'm posting this as my salvation for tomorrow's dinner.  I know you will enjoy it too!
  Note:  those sensitive to peanuts beware!


Summer's here and there are so many fresh fruits and veggies available to make so many great meals.  Having boneless chicken breasts or thighs in your freezer is always a good idea.  Most of our meals involve chicken!

Stopping at the grocery store for a few items is better than going for a whole order!!! Just sayin....so be sure to stock up on chicken for your easy quick dinners.



Happy Summer Cooking from my kitchen to yours, 

 M.J.

The below recipe  takes just a few items to compliment your chicken dish.

This meal was not only refreshing but also very tasty. The peanut sauce is a must!  I didn't use organic peanut butter (I thought I had some but didn't so I used Jif).  Luckily I had all ingredients handy except cantalope which I stopped at the grocery store to pick up.

This recipe was one that I came across in one of my magazines but unfortunately I can't remember which one :(.

I browse through magazines and quickly type several up that appeal to me. I did adapt it to our liking opting to use chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs.  Enjoy!!

 Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,


M.J.

 1 1/2 cups diced cantaloupe (try any sweet fruit in season)
1 cup diced seedless cucumber
3 to 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion (I eliminated this, using sweet onion)  My red onions are always bitter) I don't know the problem.
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint(substituted dried parsley)
2 tsp. olive oil
2 tsp. honey
2 tsp.  peanut butter (Jif) I do really prefer "organic" peanut butter
2 tsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
1 lb. thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breast

 Stir together cantaloupe, cucumber, lime juice,onion, chopped mint, oil and 1 tsp. of the honey in a medium bowl.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Cover and chill at least 15 minutes.



** Note: Whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, 1/4 cup water and remaining 1 tsp. honey in small bowl for sauce while relish chills.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.( I microwaved for 20 seconds to blend mixture)






Prepare lightly oiled grill for medium high heat.  (You an broil or pan fry chicken too!)

Note:  ( I panned fried mine and brushed with peanut sauce) Served extra peanut sauce on side. When I served the chicken I sliced the breast on an angle.

Season chicken with pinch salt and pepper..Grill chicken, turning, until golden brown on both sides and cooked through about 4 minutes.

Halve chicken crosswise and transfer to 4 serving plates.  Top with sauce and serve with relish..Garnish with mint leaves.

8/14/12
2/14/13

 
All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook™ ©2022, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.

2 comments:

Jennifer Kendall said...

this sounds delicious! love that relish and peanut sauce, sounds like a great combination!

M. J. Vitelli said...

It sure was the type you smack your lips after eating!!!