Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Spinach, provolone and Feta stuffed chicken breasts:

I know I have been making lots of meals with spinach.  It has been plentiful where I live and so nutritious so I am adding spinach to a lot of recipes as well as using it on sandwiches instead of traditional lettuce.  I decided to roll up some chicken breasts and add some seasoned spinach and provolone to some and and feta to the others.  Tasty and easy to make. Just thin out the chicken either by using a fillet knife or pounding it with a  kitchen mallet.

2 chicken breasts(sliced thin)
1 slice provolone cheese or crumbled feta
 1/2 cup seasoned spinach leaves (you can use uncooked  fresh spinach just season your chicken with garlic and oil before placing spinach on it)
1 clove garlic minced or garlic powder
Feta crumbles
plain bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste

Saute spinach in olive oil and garlic.  Set aside.  Pound chicken until thin.  Place garlic spinach on top of chicken..Top with pinch of breadcrumbs.  Add 1/2 of a slice of provolone and or a few pieces of feta.  Roll chicken breast from narrow end..  Secure with toothpick..  Rub with olive oil.,.season with salt and pepper..  Cook chicken on top of stove in slight amount of olive oil.,just enough to slightly brown it.  Take out toothpicks   Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes covered.. Take off cover(I use aluminum foil) and turn oven to broil..  Broil  until top starts to brown.. Note: I usually add a few red skinned potatoes(already cooked) and rub them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and let them crisp a little as well..  I served the chicken over some of the spinach I had cooked along with red beets and the potatoes.. Enjoy!

I put a large piece of crumbled feta on spinach.

Roll and hold together with toothpick.

Original post 7/17/11 Healthy and flavorful..Start to finish 1 hour!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

This looks beautiful, I love stuffed chicken breast as well combination of feta and spinach..really fantastic combination of flavors!
Have a wonderful Monday!!!

M. J. Vitelli said...

Thank you..It was delicious and I'll surely make it again! Happy Monday!