Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Easy saute'd cabbage and noodles!

I'm from the old school of baking and cooking and usually take the long way to make most meals but lately I have been thinking new school and taking some short cuts to recipes.  I have found that most of these short cuts work very well and with the busy lifestyle that most of us have so why not make it easier.



Here is a very simple way to make some Haluski or cabbage and noodles:

I pkg. preshredded cabbage(I usually rinse all pre packaged veggie products) Drain well.

1 medium to **large onion sliced thin (onion gives it a great flavor along with
1  to 1/2 sticks butter

salt and pepper

l lb. thin or thick noodles (you choose) Cook according to directions.  

Saute' onion in butter.  Add drained cabbage. Cook slowly stirring to coat all with butter. (Cover for a while to let cabbage steam)

****In a separate pot, add a bit of salt.  When water is to a boil add noodles and cook according to directions. Drain well and add to cooked cabbage..

Enjoy!  Easy, quick and so buttery!

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,


M.J.

6/26/13

No comments: