Thursday, June 27, 2013

Nectarine Glaze Pie

I had some nectarines on my counter and they were getting ripe fast so I figured I had better get to work and make something.  I looked and looked and remembered mom had made strawberry pie and made a glaze. I decided to substitute the nectarines instead of the strawberries and it worked out well...I used a pre made pie crust..(Just had to roll it out and bake in my pie pan)and it was very easy.  Happy Baking!





2 cups sliced nectarines
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 prepared pie shell (bake according to directions or use a pre made pie shell)
Approximate 6 to 8 nectarines.( you can leave skin on if you like).
2 tablespoons butter(optional)

Combine 1 cup sliced nectarines and sugar

   Stir cornstarch with water until blended , add nectarine mixture. ...

Place mixture in microwave safe dish 

Microwave on high at  2 minutes intervals, stirring constantly..Check and put back in microwave until it thickens about 1 1/2 minutes or more..Take out and add remainder of nectarines(1 cup) to mix and stir in butter(optional) . 

 Cool completely and place in cooled pie shell..Refrigerate for a few hours..Top with homemade whipping cream.. 

Delicious!  Suggestion: Remove skins off nectarines
 

No comments: