Thursday, May 9, 2013

New Year's Eve Appetizer: Cranberry Spread

We're going to a social on Saturday night to celebrate the coming of 2012..

I'm not much of a New Year's Eve party gal..I prefer to sit by the television all curled up with a blanket and ring in the New Year in the comfort of my home but this year on the encouragement of a few friends we're getting out(going to our Clubhouse) and ringing in the New Year with our party hardy friends..After throwing a few appetizers around I think this one I'm bringing for sure..You spoon the cranberry mixture over the cream cheese so I know it's going to be delish!.... Happy New Year!! from my kitchen to yours. 


1 cup of water
1 cup of granulated sugar
12 ounces of fresh or frozen cranberries
½ cup apricot preserves
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/3 cup slivered almonds toasted
8 oz. cream cheese

In saucepan over medium heat bring water and sugar to boil without stirring..
Boil 5 minutes  add cranberries..
Cook until cranberries pop and the sauce is thickened about 10 minutes.  Remove from heat

Add preserves and stir in juice.
Cool

Add almonds..

Place block of cream cheese on serving dish and spoon berries over top.

Serve with crackers
 

No comments: