Thursday, April 25, 2013

Cajun Curry Chicken!

A new recipe..

This recipe caught my eye in early winter issue of Better Homes and Garden Magazine and I haven't had a chance to try it so today I'm posting it for those who may want to try something with curry and fennel. I haven't made any recipes with curry and fennel but want to open my hubby and myself to lots of new and interesting meals. I'm hoping to make this in the near future but thought maybe I'd share it now with you.  Hope you enjoy! 

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,


M.J.



1/2 tsp. fennel seeds (I used fennel powder about 1/4 tsp.)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 lb. boneless chicken breasts cut in 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup butter
1 large green sweet pepper, cut in strips
1 large red onion, cut in thin wedges
1 stalk celery, sliced
6 cloves garlic minced
2 to 3 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. garam masala
1/4 cup flour
1 14.5 oz. can chicken broth
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
4 cups cooked basmati or jasmine rice

In a large dutch oven cook fennel seeds in hot oil over medium heat...Stir in chicken.  Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until chicken is browned.  Remove chicken.

In same pan heat butter and cook pepper, onion,celery, curry powder, garam powder and 1/2 tsp. salt over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until tender.  Stir in flour, gradually ad broth, stirring until combined.  Stir in chicken, marmalade, and hot pepper sauce.  Bring to boiling;reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.  Stir occasionally.  Serve over rice..Makes 4 servings.



No comments: