Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pork Tenderloin seasoned with dill, garlic and more!

Dill is sometimes a forgotten herb.  It is a favorite for our family when I make pork.

You can use any cut of pork but my favorite for a quick dinner is using a pork tenderloin.  I buy the vacuum pack pork tenderloins that aren't seasoned.  There are usually two in a package.  Since we are two I make one of the tenderloins and freeze the other for another time. They cook very quickly which is a plus!

Here is how easy it is: I am basing this on a 1 lb. pork tenderloin

1 lb. boneless pork tenderloin
1+ tsp. salt.
2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. dried dill weed
2 cloves garlic cut in pieces

Using either a large piece of wax paper (easy to dispose) or a large platter, place salt, pepper and dill.  Mix together.  Check out photo below.
 Next make a slit through center of tenderloin. Approx. 1/4 inch deep.  Place garlic pieces as shown.

Roll tenderloin gently over salt, pepper dill mix making sure to coat all of the tenderloin with the mixture.

I like to season my tenderloin overnight to allow the seasoning to soak into the pork to absorb the seasoning.  Note:  You don't have to do it overnight.  It will be fine and tasty..

Bake 400 degrees for approximately 45 to 60 minutes uncovered depending of size of tenderloin.



Served over wild rice and complimented with applesauce.





No comments: