Thursday, January 24, 2013

This is the way I relax....Baking and Cooking!

I know how to relax even though my hubby says I don't...I read the definition of the word RELAX and I think #4 is ME....Yes it relieves my nervous tension.  I escape into the world of food...Yep that's me!   I always have been a person with huge energy.  I don't sit for long and either does my mom. (She's 89 and going strong)  Dad used to say to her time and time again and I quote" Madeline, sit and relax for a while". "There is something on TV you'll enjoy".  She'd sit for two minutes and off she'd go...to do something in the kitchen or about.  I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  As I type my hubby is watching TV and I am close by and typing away. 

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,




M.J.



 According to the Webster's Dictionary a few definitions of relax are:

1
 to make less tense or rigid : slacken ;relaxed his grip;
2
: to make less severe or stringent : modify;relax immigration laws
3
: to deprive of energy, zeal, or strength of purpose
4
: to relieve from nervous tension 

Today I relaxed by making Sloppy Joe's and a Cinnamon coffee bread now I'm going to really relax and make some Turkey meatballs.  Just me being me and yes there are days I take a break and RELAX in other ways but most regular days the way I RELAX is when I'm in the kitchen doing my thing.   

Cinnamon  Coffee Cake (I quick box mix)

A different Sloppy Joe...red yellow sweet peppers, scallions, chili sauce, ketchup,pinch brown sugar.
C


Here's hoping this inspires you to RELAX anyway that allows you to escape from this hectic, stress filled world..  You'll feel better and work and play better if you learn to RELAX..............


No comments: