Thursday, December 20, 2012

Nut Horns

Hoping to show you an easy short cut to making some nut horns.  This recipe was passed along to me from a friend who told me this was one of the easiest recipes.  I know I've said that  before but just look and see how easy it was...  Here it is and my result!

Add a sprinkle of Confectionery Sugar!












Flatten and refrigerate overnight or several hours.






Here's that dough recipe:
1 pound unsalted butter, softened.
4 cups flour
1 pint .... I've come to learn two heaping cups works fine...Breyers French vanilla ice cream softened slightly.

For this recipe I used (1) one jar Baker Fine nut filling but you can make your own nut filling or use apricot preserves if you desire.

Cream butter and flour. Add in ice cream. My directions say you can use the food processor. Make 10 balls. Wrap each in wax paper. Flatten slightly. Refrigerate overnight. Roll on lightly sugared surface to 9 inch in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges. Spread with filling. Bake on ungreased sheet at 350 degrees about 20 minutes. ENJOY!

Helpful hint:  After I made the 10 medium size balls and separated them, I broke off pieces and made mini balls instead of 8 wedges.  In turn they are  smaller in size.  I made approx. 60 mini rolls.

Note:  I baked them on parchment paper.

No comments: