Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Orange Pork Loin for Dinner!


 I came across this recipe on Allrecipes.com and I couldn't wait to make it!

  Truth be told I had the recipe laying around for several weeks and even had the pork loin in the freezer but for some reason was stalling making it. Today it's on our table for dinner.  A little but that's another story!

I really love preparing pork. It is my favorite other white meat.  This recipe called for it to be put in a oven bag.  Luckily I have several that quite honestly I seldom use.  I am a creature of habit and I use the same roasting pan for all my roasts and never until now used a disposable bag.  Here's the finished product!

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,

M.J.


Original recipe makes 10 servings 

     


     

     


     

     
                       1/2 cup orange juice
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
  • 1 red onion, sliced( I didn't have red onion so I used a medium sweet onion)
  • 1 (5 pound) boneless pork loin roast 
  •  
  •  
  •  

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, stir together the orange juice, soy sauce, olive oil, red onion slices, rosemary and garlic. Place the pork roast in a baking bag, and set in a roasting pan or baking dish. Pour the orange juice mixture over the roast, making sure to coat entirely. Close the bag according to package instructions.
  3. Bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours in the preheated oven, until the internal temperature of the loin is at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Remove from the oven, and let stand for about 10 minutes to settle the juices. Carefully open the bag and remove the roast. Slice and serve with a little of the drippings drizzled over.



From my kitchen to yours,

M.j.

10/17/12

No comments: