Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sour Cream Apple Pie Deluxe!

Since this is fall and apples are abundant what better time than today to share my mom's original recipe for Sour Cream Apple Pie Deluxe.  I decided to experiment with refrigerated pie crusts to make it easier.  Hope you like it!  It is wonderful dessert to serve anytime!

Note:  Also if you like you can make this in a deep dish pie pan. Bake accordingly.

This recipe is also easily made in a pie pan.  Reminds me of a cheesecake.  Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours,








  Enjoy!
 



I used Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts ( 1 sheet.) It fit well..I had to stretch and roll to fit pan.. I patched the edges with the overlap. If your pan (cookie sheet is larger you may need to use two pie crusts sheets).

slice apples in small pieces

Topping made this extra special
2 pkgs. Flako or Pillsbury Pie crust ( 1 box Refrigerated)or a crust recipe for a double crust
Mix and Roll on wax paper and put in cookie sheet. **You will need the two rolls to cover the bottom of your cookie sheet. I had to piece them but it worked out fine.


In a separate bowl add ¾ cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, 1/8 tsp. Salt, 1 pint sour cream, ½ tsp. Vanilla, 2 or more cups finely cut apples, and 1 well beaten egg.

Note:  Mom used 3 lb. Macintosh plus 2 or 3 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and cut in small pieces.

Mix it well and put in your unbaked shell. .

Bake in hot oven 425 degrees for 15 minutes.  Lower the heat to 350 degrees and bake 30 minutes longer..After 30 minutes take out of oven and top with:

In a small bowl ( This is for the topping)
2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp. Cinnamon
½ cup softened butter

 Mix together until fine crumbs.  I use a pastry blender.  Sprinkle on top of pie.  Return to oven and bake at 350 degrees for additional 15 minutes.. Upon taking out of oven, put immediately in refrigerator until cool.  When it is completely cooled cut in small squares and enjoy!


copyright iliketobakeandcookblog2012

1 comment:

Al Son Del Mortero said...

Hola soy andaluza,me ha gustado mucho su blog por el cual con su permiso me hago seguidora,y la invito a que conozca el mio,,, un saludo