Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I'm totally back!

Today I felt the old me surface. I was very happy to be able to stay home preparing some of our favorites.

  I figured starting out with foods that hubby and I enjoy would be a good start.  My freezer was looking a little empty and for me having the few items that I use regularly is comforting to me.  That may sound a bit silly but I like my own food.  I know what's in my preparation of my cookies and cakes, soups and sauces so I prefer to spend a day like today making them.

 I know it isn't easy for everyone with busy schedules, kids in sports etc. but I've told my children that taking one day to make a few items for your family will give you a great feeling knowing you are creating good habits to pass on to them. Yes I managed to bake and cook the below four items today.  I have been in a bit of a funk with my blog.  It's been a very busy summer and busy isn't too good when you want to create new dishes to share or even make some old recipes.  I'll link the pictures to the posts.

 If you can try to take one day a week or even one day every two weeks and prepare some good home cooking.  Most foods keep well for a week and freezing them is always an option. 

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,


M.J.
Blueberry/Cherry Scones (Lower in fat)

Homemade Almond Biscotti

Homemade Meatballs

Strawberry /Blueberry Cobbler

Wedding Soup!

1 comment:

Al Son Del Mortero said...

Todo realmente delicioso!!!Un Besote Guapa