Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Baked Chicken Ranch Panko

My good foodie friend, What's for Dinner, Mom posted a recipe for Baked Chicken Ranch on her blog and I decided I'd use her recipe but I would substitute Greek yogurt for the butter and use bone in chicken and see what  results I would get.

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,

 
M.J.

My chicken breasts were very large so if you use bone in chicken breasts allow for extra cooking time.

I enlarged the picture to show how the Greek yogurt held in the moistness.



Here is Tina's recipe:  I'll highlight, in red, my changes.

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless thighs (I used split chicken breasts)
1 package dry ranch dressing mix
1 stick butter (4 oz. plain Greek yogurt)
3 cups Panko bread crumbs
2T. garlic salt ( garlic powder)
2 T. dried parsley
2 T. poultry seasoning (eliminated)
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375.  Mix together all dry ingredients.  Melt butter.  Dip each piece of chicken in butter and then dip in Panko crumbs, coating well.  ***Note: This is where I changed the recipe. I rubbed the Greek yogurt that I had mixed with garlic and parsley, all over the chicken, to coat it and then dipped the chicken in the dry ranch/Panko mix bread crumbs.  Place in a(foiled and sprayed baking dish (Pam).  Bake until golden brown about 25 minutes.

Also some yummy sides to add to this meal!
http://iliketobakeandcook.blogspot.com/2011/06/some-easy-sides-parsley-potatoes-and.html

 **** Note:  I used split chicken breasts and they were very large so my adjusted time was quite a bit more.  Almost 1 hour baking time.   I covered the chicken with foil for 1/2 hour and then took off the foil and cooked for another 1/2 hour to brown and the juices were clear.

Final Note:  I recommend the Greek yogurt for a lower in fat recipe.  It was moist and delicious.  I suggest you use the boneless chicken breasts for a quicker and easier cooking time.


No comments: