Friday, May 25, 2012

Tonight it was his and hers seasoned Pasta!!

 Tonight I felt like eating some pasta with some fresh grape tomatoes I had waiting to be used. My basil plant is thriving and so are my chives so it didn't take long for me to put together a quick pasta dish.

Pasta with olive oil, butter, fresh basil,  minced garlic, small handful of chopped chives and 1 cup sliced cherry or grape tomatoes.  Lovely to look at and so delish!  This easy meal can be quickly put together in less than 20 minutes. Garnish with fresh Pecorino Romano cheese!!!!!


While pasta is cooking, place 1/4 cup olive oil in saute pan, slowly add 2 cloves minced garlic and 4 chopped fresh basil leaves. When garlic is starting to sizzle slightly add 2 large tsp. butter and some chopped chives.  Cook for a few minutes and then add 1 cup sliced in half cherry tomatoes.  Saute for a few more minutes just until tomatoes are warmed and juicy, add cooked pasta and garnish with cheese. Feel free to add fresh mushrooms while sauteing if you like.

Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,


M.J.

Cherry tomatoes garlic saute.. Hers!!!
Quick and easy meal that all you need to do is add the cooked pasta to skillet.
Bolognese Sauce!  I make mine with freshly ground sausage! His!

I had some freshly made Bolognese in the frige and hubby opted for it tonight!

1 comment: