Monday, April 23, 2012

Is this supposed to be Spring? Slow Cooked Pot Roast with veggies

What happened to Spring!!!!! It is hard to call this damp, cold and dreary day spring so I'm making something to warm you inside and out. You can make this meal in a crockpot as well..I do suggest that you sear it before placing it in the crockpot for some great color..I have been busy cooking early a.m. so we can have an early dinner..Hubby's been out all morning so he'll come home to this...He's gonna love it! Keeping  it warm in the crockpot on warm setting!



Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,

M. J.



3 lb. beef roast (any top or bottom round) will work fine.
1/2 bag of baby carrots (regular ones OK too)
2 large potatoes skin off (cut in large pieces)
3 tablespoons canola oil
salt and pepper
1- 26 oz. Swanson Beef Stock
1 medium onion
salt and pepper

In a large stockpot(I used my heavy weight cast iron 5 qt. pot) on medium heat place canola oil, add roast (I usually prick roast top and bottom before putting in pot and  sprinkle it with some salt and pepper.

Sear meat on each side until slightly browned.  Add stock and cook covered for about 1 hour covered.  Add potatoes and carrots and cook until tender. Approximate 1 to 2 hours on top of stove or until tender.  Crockpot time varies..




*All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook2012, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.

1 comment:

DeniseB said...

I wish I could send some of our sunny heat your way. We are at 80 degrees! So unusual for Colorado this time of year!