Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Crock Pot or stove top: Chicken, Brown and Wild Rice Combo!

I've a busy day going so today I'm making a version of my chicken continental recipe and using one of my two crockpots.  This one allows me to brown my chicken and veggies first and then transfer the pot to the cradle to finish cooking if necessary. Here's a picture of it!  It is a West Bend slow cooker and I absolutely love it. I recently purchased my second one .  I decided to retire the old one.

This pot allows you to brown your chicken, beef or pork first and then place it on the cradle to finish the cooking..





Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,


M.J.




1 1/2 lb. boneless chicken breast (cut into strips or pieces)
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup celery chopped (I used the tops too)
1 medium onion grated
salt and pepper to taste
1- 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
1-32 oz. chicken broth
2 pkgs. Uncle Ben's Ready Whole grain medley (Brown and Wild Rice)(or any quick cooking rice)
Sliced mushrooms might be a nice touch(approximately 2 cups cooked rice)

In a large pan place butter, onion and celery.  Cook slowly until tender.  Add chicken pieces and cook until slightly browned..

In a separate bowl place cream of chicken soup and chicken broth..Whisk until blended.  Add to chicken mixture and cook until chicken is tender.  Approximately 1 hour.  Add rice, cover tightly until slightly thickened.   Serve with a side salad..  A nice comfort food meal!  Happy Cooking!

Note:  This meal can be done easily on stove top and then placed in oven for 30 minutes until thicken.

3/6/12

No comments: