Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine Heart!

First I would like to say I have had no formal training in cake decorating and don't consider myself a chef when it comes to cooking.  I just do what I can with what I have and try to be a little creative at times.  I don't have fancy tools or expensive cookware but I try to replace my cookware with good quality items when I am able to.

  I hope my blog inspires those who, like me, love to bake and cook and want to be able to make everyday meals and desserts but once in a while want to do something fun! I used sliced strawberries to fill my heart but you can use pudding or softened ice cream or add your touch.   Here is my fun project!  Remember No experience necessary!

Have fun playing with food!  Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,



M.J.


Amateur at work!  You can do it too!!!




 


Ingredients:


2 Bananas
1/2 cup or more hot fudge topping melted slightly
1/2 container Cool Whip
1 pkg. strawberries sliced
green leave garnish

Cut bananas in half length wise.


Use the two long pieces from one banana to create the outside of heart.  

Use the other banana to shape top of heart.  


Drizzle chocolate over banana.

  Freeze slightly to harden.  

Take out of freezer and top with cool whip or real whipped cream and fill center with sliced strawberries. 

 Drizzle more chocolate over cool whip if desired.

It was fun playing with this creation.

5 comments:

Bridgett Nicolace-Bird said...

adorable! love it!

Al Son Del Mortero said...

Espectacularmente riquísima!!!!
Probaré a hacerla para sorprender a mi chico.un besote

M. J. Vitelli said...

Tan contento que desea hacer la comida divertida!

M. J. Vitelli said...

Bridgett: I love to make some fun stuff! and sometimes you have to try!

Teena said...

So pretty & yum!! If you are willing to, you can share this with my ongoing-''Valentine's Day Event''(till Feb 20th)