Saturday, December 29, 2012

Blackberry Creamcheese spread! One of my take along appetizers


 This easy appetizer can be made using any fruit preserves.  All it takes is 1 jar of fruit preserves and pouring it over 1-8 oz. block of cream cheese.  You can also garnish with a sprinkle of chopped pecans or almonds too!

The below recipe I made last year and in my rush forgot to take a photo.  It is a little more involved than the above but everyone loved it.  You choose!!


I purchased some Blackberries at Costco the other day for my Lemon truffle and had some left so I decided I'd put them in my food processor, add some sugar(about 1/2 cup), cook them until pretty well thickened.  I then added 1/2 cup apricot preserves while they were warm so as to dissolve the preserves.  Cooled the mixture completely (I made it early in the day) and spooned it over a block of cream cheese and garnished it with chopped pecans.

This delicious and easy appetizer can be made using preserves as a topping.. Strawberry or Raspberry preserves work well..





Note:  Blackberries were very reasonable in price.   A good value.  Enjoy!
12/29/12

No comments: