Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Welcoming the New Year 2024

Cozy and Comfy New Year’s Eve.




We love staying at home for New Year's Eve..We have gotten away from going out to parties..
Somehow, curling up with a nice blanket in front of the TV with hot chocolate and cookies or sometimes making a wild sundae as we did this year becomes  our norm and honestly it was something I would look forward to and I am sure more and more. 
Feeling safe comfy and with someone you love means more than going out to a party to celebrate.  Celebrating love and life is the greatest gift of all.

 Can it be that I am getting old?  or acting old?  Naw, I just think there is something very comforting and peaceful with being in your home doing your own thing and I'm betting there are a lot of folks like me.

I will also reflect on my plans for next year..I really don't make New Year's resolutions (too stressful) so I am going to try to cook a bit healthier at times (I have to be honest.)
Be more patient (some days I really have to work at it).

  Do some walking (even if it is too cold, I'll either bundle up or go walk in a mall). No shopping allowed!  

 Most of all be thankful for my family and friends.  As I have gotten older I truly realize family is family no matter where they live, what they do or say I love them and I appreciate and love my friends. I am there for them as they are for me and I am very blessed..

Looking forward to sharing 2024 with you my blogger friends.. 

Hoping this new year brings you health, peace love and happiness..

A bonus if (someone I know wins the lottery) Wouldn't that be a nice bonus?  Stay safe and Healthy!

Love,

M.J.

2011, 2012

2 comments:

The Happy Housewife said...

That's so funny, it's exactly how I feel these days! In other years I used to love to host a party to see in the New Year, and they were great fun. These days I prefer to hole-up at home and cook a nice meal and enjoy a nice bottle of bubbles - Australian is my fizz of choice!

Happy New Year to you, and I look forward to catching up on your lovely blog posts in the new year. xx

FoodThoughtsOfaChefWannabe said...

Happy New Year M.J! I can't post on your FB wall so I will post my good wishes and all things beautiful for you in the year to come. Blessings to you and yours my friend!!