Thursday, November 24, 2011

A great holiday appetizier: Cranberry Appetizer Spread!


Cranberry Appetizer Spread

I’m going to a Christmas Tree lighting at a friends house and pondered over what to bring..  I wanted something easy, colorful and I knew this appetizer would fill the bill.. At this time of the year cranberries are in abundance.. I usually buy several packages and keep them in my freezer for later use.. We love cranberries and I add fresh and even dried ones to so many recipes..Happy Entertaining! 

Yummy!


Here is the recipe to share:

1 –12 oz. package fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
½ cup apricot preserves
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
8 oz. Cream cheese

In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the water and sugar to a boil without stirring..Boil 5 minutes..  Add the cranberries and cook until cranberries pop and the sauce is thickened approximately 10 minutes. Remove from heat

Add preserves and juice..  Cool completely! Enjoy!

Place block of cream cheese on serving dish and spoon berries over top..
Top with toasted almonds.. Serve with your favorite cracker..

Note:  I have also used dipping pretzels as an alternative to crackers..

No comments: