Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pork, Red Beets and Pickles in a brown sauce

There are lots of memories I have from our recent cruise and some of them are related to food.  No Kidding!!! so I am trying out one of them from memory.  I took a picture of this meal and remembered the flavor and crunchy pickles intermingled with red beets and stir fry pork.  I think it is similar to the one I had there.  I'll show you the two pictures and you can compare.  My only change I'd make to my recipe is add a bit more sugar otherwise it was mighty good for a first time try.  Here is my recipe and pictures.  I'll show the pictures first.  Enjoy!! 

Happy Cooking!!!!!

Their meal..

Mine..What my eyes see and my tastebuds taste!
Ingredients:
1- approx. 16 oz. pork filet cut in small pieces or same amt stir fry pork
4 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 tsp. salt
pinch of pepper
1 garlic clove minced
1 scallion sliced
1 cup chicken or veg. broth
1/2 tsp. corn starch
1/2 tsp. gravy master (for color)
1/2 cup red beets julianne sliced

Saute pork in canola oil with scallions and garlic until slightly browned..Add chicken broth and bring to a boil..Mix cornstarch with gravy master and sugar adding a slight amount of liquid to blend..Fold into pork mixture..Add red beets and pickles until warmed..Serve with Microwavable rice..Enjoy!!!





I'd like it a  little darker in the gravy area..I'll add more gravy master for color.


10/13/11

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thonk it msut have made tasty impression on you when you remember it so well;)

M. J. Vitelli said...

It did..I love to try my version of what my eyes see and my tastebuds taste..