Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Barbeque:

Juicy and tender with a slight bite!

I used soft rolls..Great Barbecue!  I topped it with extra hot sauce.

I've never made chicken barbecue before today because my daughter makes a great chicken barbecue and shares. (She uses Betty Crocker's sweet barbecue sauce recipe but I decided I wanted to try to do something a little different with mine.  My hubby and I really enjoyed it and I wanted to share the recipe with you. Easy summer or anytime dish! 

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,
 
M.J.

1 1/4 lbs. boneless chicken breast's (approximately 3)
1 tsp. onion grated (I'm sure you could use onion powder)
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. paprika 
1 tablespoon  Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. red pepper
2 tablespoons bottled Ranch dressing
1 cup cup water
1/4 tsp. salt
slight amt. of black pepper
1/2 tsp. Frank's hot sauce (you can add it or shake some on top before serving)

Note:  These would make great mini sandwiches to use as an appetizer!




Place washed chicken in crock pot.  In a bowl mix onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar,water, ranch dressing and red pepper.  Pour over chicken.  I cooked it on high and it was done in 5 hours but you could put it on low and leave it for longer.  *Double recipe if necessary and using a fork pull apart the chicken to make 4 nice size servings.  Happy Cooking!

From my kitchen to yours,




7/17/12

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great dish and so well doen for the first try:)

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

Dont you just love the crockpot the meat falls apart just amazing this looks great! I buy the liner bags now no cleanup!

M. J. Vitelli said...

Gotta get some of those liners..Thanks for commenting!