Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Blueberry buttermilk pie.


This pie was delicious but much too sweet for my taste.

*******The original recipe called for 2 cups of sugar.  I cut back to 1 1/2 cups and I felt it was still too sweet.

I would imo use 1cup of sugar next time.

Read my notes to see where I adapted the recipe.

Enjoy!












• 1 - 9-inch pie crust, homemade or store-bought
• 3/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
• 3 large eggs
• 1 cup buttermilk***(I use I tsp. Vinegar in 1 cup
Milk to make my buttermilk)
• 4 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice ***( I used 1tsp.lemon extract)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 Cups sugar(*** I used 1 1/2 cups of sugar)
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Scatter blueberries evenly in prepared pie crust***.(fork sides so crust doesn’t shrink)
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk,
melted butter, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, and
salt to get all clumps out.
5. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir until
smooth. Pour mixture over blueberries
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and it
just has a little jiggle in the center when you shake
it.
7. Cool pie on the counter for 30 minutes and then
refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

***Check pie after 45 minutes.  Every oven is different.

****Note:  I put all ingredients except blueberries in my blender and pulsed until all liquid.  I then poured it over blueberries in crust.


***I adapted this recipe for my convenience and what I had in my pantry and refrigerator.


Adapted from Spicy southern kitchen



No comments: