Friday, April 30, 2021

Carlie’s Grandma’s rice pudding

Thanks to one of my We like to bake and cook group foodies I’ll have another delicious rice pudding recipe to choose from.

Thanks, Carlie

This recipe is very similar to a rice pudding recipe of  my aunts.  The difference being she used a water bath to bake it.


Enjoy!







Carlie's Grandma's Rice Pudding 
3 cups cooked and cooled overnight white rice
1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries (I prefer dried cranberries but didn't have any this time)***( I didn’t use any dried fruit)
4 large eggs 
3 cups whole milk 
1 cup sugar 
1 teaspoon nutmeg 
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 
Mix rice and raisins or cranberries,then place in a well buttered 1 quart casserole dish. In a mixing bowl beat together eggs,sugar, milk,nutmeg and vanilla extract until frothy. Pour over rice mixture and bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven @ 375° or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely before serving. Pour milk over each serving if desired.

NOTE:  I made the recipe as called for.  It was very good.





No comments: