Thursday, February 11, 2021

Chicken Enchiladas

What a day!  I wanted to make something creamy today so I checked my archives and remembered how delicious this was.  Yummy!  

You’re gonna like it!






8 Flour Tortillas ( I used Azteca) or if you prefer use corn Tortillas 
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup green onions chopped
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 sliced black olives
1- 4oz. drained diced green chillies
1/2 cup sour cream
1 10 3/4 oz. cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups chicken (use canned chicken if desired)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup milk

Heat oven to 350 degrees..In medium saucepan melt butter, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender..Stir in 1/2 of the sliced olives(reserve the other for top),
green chillies, sour cream and soup; mix well..Set aside 3/4 cup of the soup mixture..To remaining sauce in pan, stir in chicken and 1/2 cup cheese..

Warm tortillas as directed on package. Fill tortillas with chicken mixture; roll up..Place seam side down in ungreased baking dish..In a small bowl, combine reserved 3/4 cup soup mixture and milk; spoon over tortillas..Bake for approx. 30 minutes until bubbly..Serve, sprinkle with remaining cheese and black olives..Enjoy!!!!You can make them in a 13x9 inch pan or as I have done this recipe many times I switch baking dishes for fun. I change my pans depending on who I'm having to dinner or if it's the two of  us :).








No comments: