Monday, December 2, 2019

Pumpkin cookies! Soft and moist



I don’t care for pumpkin so I seldom would make a pumpkin pie but I do make pumpkin cookies because my grandchildren love them.  Enjoy!!

Happy Thanksgiving!🤗


I made this recipe and added some finely chopped walnuts and used a cream cheese icing which if I may say made them even better👍

**If you want to make the cream cheese icing, the recipe is 4 oz. softened cream cheese, 1 T.softened butter, 2 cups confectionery sugar. Beat softened cream cheese and butter until smooth, slowly add confectionery sugar and about 1/4 c. milk. Always start with small amount of milk you can always add more if necessary.

 Beat until fluffy. If too thick add a small amount more of milk. If too thin add confectionery sugar until it is the consistency you desire.










Another good cookie recipe from my holiday baking selection.





Using my handy mini scooper...I used parchment paper to line cookie sheet.



I believe this recipe comes from my mother- in- laws stack of homemade cookie recipes.. Moist, soft and so tender these cookies seem to please everyone although I don't care for pumpkin I did try one.  Being the baker you must try, correct? The children and grandchildren love them so I include them in baking favorites.

Here is her recipe:

Cream 1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg

Add 2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cups seedless raisins

Drop by tsp. onto cookie sheet..Bake 350 degrees  10 to 12 minutes until cookies are slightly browned..


Icing

3 tablespoons melted butter
4 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
Cook over medium heat until mixture starts to boil..Cool slightly..Add 1 cup sifted confectionery sugar..Drizzle over cookies...

From my kitchen to yours,











10/
11/19/17

No comments: