Tuesday, August 6, 2019

German potato salad

Once and for all I knew sooner or later I was going to make German Potato Salad.  I just had to be in the right frame of mind and felt a craving for it.  I was planning on making some barbeque chicken tonight's dinner so what a great side dish this will be..   

I had a large bag of potatoes that needed to be used before they would start going bad and I had all the other ingredients necessary so here's my adaptation of an allrecipes.com recipe.  Enjoy!








I Adapted the recipe to our liking from allrecipes.com

Ingredients

  • 3 cups diced peeled potatoes
  • 4 slices bacon(cut in pieces to cook quicker)
  • 1 small onion, diced(I grated the onion)
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons sugar 
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • pinch of black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley(I used  1/2 tsp. dried parsley)

Directions


  1. Place the potatoes into a pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Salt water and Bring to a boil and cook  until easily pierced with a fork. Drain, and set aside to cool.

  2. Place the bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Fry until browned and crisp, turning as needed. Remove from the pan and set aside
  3. .
  4. Add onion to the bacon grease, and cook over medium heat until browned. Add the vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper to the pan. Bring to a boil, then add the potatoes and parsley. Crumble in half of the bacon. Heat through, then transfer to a serving dish. Crumble the remaining bacon over the top, and serve warm.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I use the same basic recipe but I also add chopped hard boiled eggs

M. J. Vitelli said...

Yummy. Adding your touch always helps.