Thursday, May 23, 2019

Creamy garlic chicken with pasta

I stayed in the house all day today other than to go out and clean up our patio.  It is really hot outside so early morning chores that require energy I do early in the a.m. while it's still a bit cooler.

I cooked more this summer than I thought I would but baked less.  It seems I am able to put together meals easier and use ingredients I have in my pantry or refrigerator rather than create a new cake or pie recipe.

There are only my hubby in our house so when I bake I usually freeze cakes, muffins and scones for use now and then freeze some for later.  I also bake to take some to my mom when I visit.  Summer is hard though because I do like to be out and about much more than winter and I try not to have to make a meal that requires too much oven or stove time. 

Today I combined a few ingredients that I had and this meal really turned out great.  Simple ingredients but a SUPER DELICIOUS Meal  and it only required a large deep pan to do it.  All in one meal!

5/1/17


First I started by saute' my boneless chicken breasts in olive oil with salt and pepper.  When the chicken was cooked I set it aside and covered it.

I then added a bit more olive oil to the pan and fresh garlic that I minced.  To that I added my butter and sauteed a little longer making sure not to burn the garlic!  Low to medium heat recommended! Once that looked good I added my chicken broth and pasta.  When pasta was a dente I added my heavy cream, cheese and parsley.  It probably took 30 minutes in all to prepare and serve.  YUM




Ingredients

2 large boneless chicken breasts sauteed on top of stove with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper until all pink is gone. (set aside)

2 tsp. olive oil
2 T butter
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 pasta(I like Angel Hair)
1 cup grated Romano cheese
3/4 cup heavy cream
freshly snipped parsley(a sprig or two or 1 T dried)

Saute garlic in oil slowly as to not brown.  Add butter and cook until melted
 

 


Add chicken broth
Let all come to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender(do not overcook). Once pasta is tender, stir in cheese, cream and parsley.  Add sliced chicken breast to pasta, stir and serve immediately.



8/18/15


No comments: