Friday, November 9, 2018

Ricotta Meatballs

Worthwhile re-posting.


When my mom made meatballs she always added some milk, so when I came across this recipe I knew that adding some ricotta cheese would definitely work for a new way to moisten as well as flavor meatballs.  You could even add some when making an Italian meatloaf.  I changed the recipe a little but I'll post it also as it was published in Better Homes and Garden's magazine too.  Yummy!

Ricotta meatballs smothered with mozzarella cheese


Here is my recipe:

2 lb. beef and pork ground
4 cloves of garlic minced
1 extra large egg beaten
1 cup regular bread crumbs
1/2 tsp. Italian Seasonings
1/2 cup dried parsley
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated cheese(Pecorino Romano)
1/2 cup grated for freshly sliced mozzarella for topping

Mix all ingredients by hand and roll into medium size meatballs.  Place on cookie sheet bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees.  Serve with marinara sauce or place meatballs in crockpot with your favorite sauce; set on low and allow to cook 4 to 6 hours.  We're having baked meatballs topping with mozzarella for our dinner tonight. Add mozzarella to top of meatballs and broil on top shelf for a few minutes until mozzeralla melts and is browned slightly. Fresh rolls to dip in the sauce for the feel good yummy feeling. Enjoy!




I would definitely do it this way the next time but I was using the ingredients I had handy. Better Homes and Garden Magazine (March)





No comments: