Sunday, November 18, 2018

2017 Thanksgiving at Susan's

Sharing a few photos From last years Thanksgiving
 dinner.  l1/23/17


nother Thanksgiving has come and I am so thankful to have spent time with our daughter and her family.  Our son stopped by and had dinner too which was awesome. As with other years I have many things to be grateful and thankful for and feel very blessed..




Our Hostess


It has been a tough few years with losses in both my hubby and my families. We both lost siblings younger than us within a year of each other and this year I lost my mom so the holidays aren't quite as joyful as they've used to be but I am grateful I am here to enjoy my family. My hubby feels the same.

Dinner was our usual traditional feast. I really favor traditional meals for the holidays. Good home cooking with recipes from our families that have been passed on from generation to generation.

Our dinner always starts with a prayer. Today it was my turn to offer a prayer thanking God for our great dinner and being with our family. 

Here are a few photos of our meal and a few of the family. 

 Incidentally we enjoyed our meal on Christmas dinner wear. 

Might as well enjoy it while we can. Thanksgiving and Christmas are so close to each other and really go so quickly we must make use of all holiday decor we can.  Enjoy!




Cappelletti Soup

Festive

My daughter and I


Plentiful



My dish ....I couldn't fit anymore. lol

Mark and Daniel

Al and Mark
Susan's special chocolate cheesecake.
Sour cream apple pie tart and coffee with lots of cream.




No comments: