Thursday, September 27, 2018

Buttermilk Ciambellone


Today I made a Buttermilk Ciambellone and added about a handful
Of dried cranberries and about 1/4 cup small pieces of dried apricots to the recipe.

My plan is to have a slice for breakfast since breakfast is my most difficult meal next to
Lunch meals.  Always a dilemma!

The fruit was incorporated last but seemed to have come to the top.  That’s fine since it’s only my hubby and I who’ll enjoy this for a snack or breakfast with coffee.



  


I'm always looking for different recipes.  I like variety and always have.  I guess it's a trait I got from my mom.  She was the type person who would try new recipes all the time and quite honestly she'd change them to her liking too!  I do that too at times.

I don't remember where I found this recipe but it is very different from the chambellone I make.  Mine is quite dense with lots of cherries and nuts in it.  This is basic, light and airy with a hint of lemon and vanilla.  It's a new try and it's very good.  A great breakfast or light dessert and may be sprinkled with some powdered sugar.  A good choice!


 Ingredients:

1/2 cup buttermilk(I added 1 tsp. vinegar to the milk) for a buttermilk substitute.  Let it sit for a few minutes to thicken

3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 olive oil
2/1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract or extract of choice (orange, lemon)
1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix eggs, sugar and the salt until fluffy.  Add the oil, buttermilk, vanilla and lemon zest and mix well.  Combine flour, cornstarch and baking powder and add to the batter.  Mix well.  


Spray a tube pan with cooking spray or use butter to grease pan well.  Pour mixture into pan and bake anywhere from 35 to 45 minutes.  Check with a toothpick in center to see if it is done.






My cake was baked in 38 minutes so depending on oven check from 35 minutes on.

Enjoy!

7/6/15




 

No comments: